Before you go and re-order your next set of teeth let’s make sure you’ve got the best gnashers for the job.
Like everything good in life, it isn’t one size fits all and time is money, so you want to make sure you’re getting the best performance from your equipment.
Your GET Teeth should be selected with the perfect balance of 3 vital criteria to ensure you have the best performing GET for your specific environment.
The wear resistance on your GET is directly proportional to the hardness of the item.
- The harder the tooth is, the better it will wear, however, the more prone it will be to impact.
- If you’re experiencing tooth breakages, then your teeth are too hard for the impact being experienced.
- This is the resilience of the material and the capacity of the material’s elasticity and ability to maintain its shape and prevent deformation.
- Different tooth profiles are available depending on what your GET is digging. Is it loose material or dense compact ground?
- Profiles will vary in terms of length, width, angle to point & profile design, i.e. lateral ribs, rippled surface, even forked teeth with two points, etc.
GET is a large expenditure on any mining operation’s balance sheet. Picking the right GET can save you time, money, and unnecessary frustration. When you get it right you will:
- Have improved fuel efficiency as your machine isn’t working as hard.
- Minimise production loss by maximising your GET lifespan, with less downtime for the changeover, reducing labour costs.
- Have increased productivity as there will be easier material flow which will assist with completely filling the bucket.
- Minimise load on the machine’s hydraulics system.
If you have any GET questions, please shoot us an email.